Health is Wealth. So, keeping our bodies in a maintained state is all important in this hectic working life and this can only be maintained well with the help of nutrients and dietary supplements foods. Dietary Supplements are nutrients and chemicals essential for the human bodies which have biological benefits and good effects. These are necessary to intake in order to keep a balanced and healthy body. Supplements include vitamins, minerals, fiber, fatty acids, amino acids, carbohydrates, proteins and much more among total substances. According to the US authorities, dietary supplements are foods whereas many other authorities define supplements as drugs as well as other products.
Generally, there are more than 50,000 dietary supplements available in the food stuff. About 53%-55% of the adult US population intake dietary supplements on a daily basis such as multivitamins. But according to the US National Institutes of Health, the over intake of such products are extremely dangerous. This can affect your health at a greater level whereas under consumption of the nutrients or dietary supplement can be dangerous and allow the body to cause plenty diseases. According to the US. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), dietary supplements are a person’s proper diet not a replacement as a light meal. Dietary Supplement includes vitamins, metabolite, herbalism, amino acid, ingredients and extracts combination of several useful nutrients.
There are several myths built related to Dietary Supplements. Some of them are as follows:
- All “Multivitamins” are same: There is no specific definition of Multivitamin. Producers apply the term to any product that has more than one nutrient.
- Ingredients and Actual Product: There are plenty ingredients noted on the label or pack of the product but in actual, there aren’t many.
- Calcium has the same identity: Calcium has a unique taste and no other nutrients in the food can replace calcium or its taste.
- Every nutrient has its individual benefit and identity. Eg Zinc helps in improving immunity.
- “Studies show” is a universally accepted truth worldwide. This means studies show two words are enough to make a person believe in the product and its manufacturing process.
Today, many people suffer from the term “Obesity”. Obesity is the state of being extremely fat or overweight in common words. Obesity happens due to consumption of many calories, leading a passive life, not enough sleeping, Endocrine disruptors, Medical reasons, lower rates of smoking and much more. Obesity is dangerous for the human body because it increases the chances for Diabetes, Heart Attack and diseases related to Cardiac. Obesity is excess fatty acids in the body that have solely negative impacts on the health. Body Mass Index (BMI) is 30 or more are considered the overweight or obese person. So, it is highly recommended by the Doctors to reduce the excess level of fatty acids and fats from the body via varying methods. One of them is weight loss supplements.