Australian model Miranda Kerr has been drinking Tahitian Noni juice
for 14 years now and it’s the one thing she can’t live without, especially when she has a long day ahead of her. “It’s not only great for your skin , but also for your general well-being”.
Here are 10 health benefits of Noni juice
, and why it’s good for you –
10 Noni Juice Benefits
1. Treats Arthritis: “The main complaint from patients who suffer from arthritis is pain. Various studies suggest that Noni juice helps alleviate pain and reduce joint destruction implicated in arthritis due to its analgesic properties”. If you lead a healthy lifestyle and drink Noni juice daily, you can reduce arthritis pain to the minimum.
2. Lowers Risk of Gout: Gout is a kind of arthritis that is caused by the buildup of uric acid crystals in the joints. “Studies have shown that Noni juice can reduce uric acid concentration in the blood, thereby lowering the risk of gout.”
3. Boosts Energy: “For thousands of years, Noni juice has been used to combat general body weakness, boost energy levels and improve the overall physical performance of the body”.
4. Moisturises Skin: “Noni juice is a powerhouse of antioxidants and works as a great moisturiser if applied on the skin”. It naturally replenishes and repairs your skin.
5. Fights Aging:Noni juice is packed with Vitamin C and selenium which help fight free radicals, preserve skin elasticity and reverse the adverse effects of ageing .
6. Treats Scalp Irritation: “While there is not much medical literature on Noni juice, we can say it has several benefits from conventional wisdom since it is derived from the noni fruit. It has antibacterial and antifungal properties, and can thus help treat scalp irritation.”
7. Prevents Cancer: “Noni juice contains a whole slew of cancer fighting nutrients,” According to the National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health, “Noni has shown immune-stimulating and tumor-fighting properties. The National Cancer Institute is funding preliminary research on Noni for breast cancer prevention and treatment.”
8. Boosts Immunity: “Strengthened immune system is yet another benefit of noni juice,” . Scopoletin present in noni juice possesses anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, antifungal and anti-histamine properties that boost the immune defense mechanism of the body.
9. Reduces Stress: According to Clinical Nutritionist Byron J. Richards, “Noni juice helps manage stress and reduces the impact of stress on cognitive function.”
10. Treats Fever: Studies suggest that Noni juice has antiviral properties and helps get rid of cough , fever and body ache.
It is important to “take a shot of noni juice on a daily basis to reap the benefits. It is best consumed in small quantities,”
Note: Noni juice has a pungent smell, one that’s not easy to describe. So take a shot and chase it with pineapple juice or something strong to mask the flavour.